Saturday 28 January 2017

Hello!

Hola! Welcome to my cosplay journey!

I'm starting this blog a little late, really. My Flynn Rider cosplay has been to four conventions already, and I've made it as best as it can be (well, that's until I decide I want to add even more).

But I thought I'd share with you, people who are interested everything about the costume, and the cons I go to in it and the this and the that. I don't really consider myself as a talented cosplayer or nothing. Although I'm really proud of this costume, I just do it because I really enjoy it, even if it does end up a bit scraggly.

 First, I've got a bit of catching up to do!

Here is the costume as of right now!  Not got a full body shot of it as it stands, but we'll live:
This is genuinely my favourite picture right now
  
 Technicals and things:

The Boots! They're super comfortable
The Satchel. Not perfect but close



The main bit. The vest!




 What everything is made of:
The Vest-
Body
The vest is made from a gilet. I was going to just use the gilet at first but it was dark and the wrong material. So, I used the gilet as a base, and covered it in fabric. This took forever. This is the only piece of costume I have ever done with a sewing machine.

Arm Caps
Genuinley made from covered ceral box cardboard. The golden Buttons are actually brass paper fasteners. There is also a darker strip of fabric to create the detailed effect.

Buckles
The buckles are- well, theyre just buckles, sewn on. I wish they were the other way around brown then blue (the store ran out of blue) but never mind.

Wanted poster
I wanted this to last longer than paper, so I transferred it onto a peice of fabric. Its fastened at the top by brass fasteners (Not at the bottom, so my bag strap can go underneath)

Pascal
 Pascal is obviously just as Disney toy, but he is pinned onto my shoulder. I have also affixed the mechanism that makes a toy jumping spider jump to act as his tongue, with a pum that is hidden under my vest, I can make the tongue stick into my ear.

The Satchel
This isn't the first satchel I have made. I have used a lady's handbag in the past, but found it to be super small. So I have invested in a bigger model. It's not perfect, as the decorations should be on the inside panel as the flip-top shouldn't come all the way down but it's okay. and it's big enough.

The boots
The boots started life  as ordinary lady's boots. But I made the front square thingies out of a square of scrap leather. Wrapped around the boot are some leather straps off some boots of my mum's..  She gave me them ages ago, because she thought they'd do me for something. These are affixed to the squares by, you guessed it, brass fasteners. The leather tops are also made from leather, and are affixed with Gorilla glue.

I also have
- A white grandfather collared shirt
- Green-y cotton trousers
- A frying pan
- The stolen tiara
- I have an autograph book to, I sign Flynn's autographs for kids.  They think it's funny when I tell them that because Rapunzel couldn't make it, she asked me to get autographs from all the characters I've met, too. 


Here are some pictures from previous cons, hopefully you can see an improvement of the costume!
This was the last con in December, before I shook it up a bit

Con picture from... Novemer? Obviously edited though

My first con in this cosplay
 More pics from the improved costume....
Just a selection.

 Thanks for reading! I'll post all of Flynn's adventures!
  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment